- Clarity, lucidity, especially in
expression; the state or characteristic of being perspicuous.
- 1905, George
Bernard Shaw, The Irrational Knot, ch. 18,
- Whether through the first officer's want of perspicuity or my own stupidity, I was not a bit the wiser for the explanation.
- 1905, George Bernard Shaw, The Irrational Knot, ch. 18,
- 1965, "The
Stupid Spy," Time, 19 Mar,
- Thompson, a high school dropout, said with rare perspicuity that he doubted the FBI would hire him.
- 1965, "The Stupid Spy," Time, 19 Mar,
- 1900, Edith
Wharton, The Touchstone, ch. 11,
- It must have been on some such day of harsh sunlight, the incisive February brightness that gives perspicuity without warmth.
- 1900, Edith Wharton, The Touchstone, ch. 11,
- Webster 1828}}
Atticism, acuity, acumen, acuteness, apparentness, apperception, appropriateness, astuteness, chasteness, chastity, clarity, classicalism, classicism, clear sight, clear-cutness, clearness, cogency, coherence, color vision, comeliness, cone vision, connectedness, consistency, correctness, crystal-clearness, crystallinity, day vision, daylight vision, definition, dignity, directness, discernment, discrimination, distinction, distinctness, ease, elegance, elegancy, evidence, evidentness, explicitness, eye, eye-mindedness, eyesight, farseeingness, farsight, farsightedness, felicitousness, felicity, field of view, field of vision, finish, fittingness, flow, flowing periods, fluency, foresight, foresightedness, good taste, grace, gracefulness, gracility, horizon, incisiveness, insight, intelligibility, keen sight, ken, limpidity, longheadedness, longsightedness, lucidity, manifestness, naturalness, neatness, night vision, obviousness, openness, openness to sight, overtness, palpability, patentness, pellucidity, penetration, perception, perceptiveness, percipience, peripheral field, peripheral vision, perspicaciousness, perspicacity, perspicuousness, photopia, plain English, plain speech, plain style, plainness, polish, power of sight, propriety, providence, purity, purview, quick sight, range, refinement, restraint, rod vision, sagaciousness, sagacity, scope, scotopia, seeing, seemliness, sense of sight, sensibility, sight, sightedness, simplicity, smoothness, straightforwardness, structure, sweep, tangibility, taste, tastefulness, terseness, transparency, transpicuity, trenchancy, twilight vision, unadorned style, unaffectedness, unambiguousness, unequivocalness, unmistakableness, unobstructed vision, unquestionability, visibility, vision, visual acuity, visual field, visual sense